Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Whatever

Well it's the day of the night before Christmas and/or Hanukkah, and I hope all of you are getting ready to spend some quality time with your family and loved ones. Or, if you hate your family and love no one, go to the library. Read a book. But read a book about happy people for Christmukkah is a happy day.

Each year, when it comes time for the annual holiday card bum-rush, I make a little cartoon of Sal and I to adorn our cards with. Since I find many of you bloggers quite likeable (and a few of you downright fucking creepy) I would love to send each of you a card. (Not you creepy fuckers. You know who you are...) However, fate has dealt me the one-two punch of 1) not knowing your addresses and 2) really being far too lazy to actually write out cards to all of you.

So consider this the next best thing. Here is this year's holiday cartoon, along with my sincere warm wishes to all of you for a wonderful holiday. It's been a pleasure meeting all of you through this blog, and I truly look forward to further disgusting each of you in the new year.



Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah and Joyous Whatever the fuck weird holiday you celebrate, from Wombat and Sal.

11 Comments:

Blogger Zenchick said...

oooohhhh....between the cartoon and that last sentence, I'm just feeling all warm and fuzzy inside :-)
(Seriously: a joyous, present, and peaceful season and New Year to you guys!)

1:16 PM  
Blogger mrhaney said...

merry xmas wombat. i have enjoyed talking to you also this year. you say what ever comes to your mind and i like that.

11:47 PM  
Blogger karla said...

I'm proud to say I was one of the lucky recipients of this card, which is much cooler up close than this web preview would lead you to believe. Even the envelope is incredibly cool. So cool, in fact, that I'm sending a photocopy of Wombat's card to every other person who sent me a Xmas card, along with a handwritten not wherein I will verbally abuse them for putting so little effort in their own holiday greeting to me, and I will encourage them to try to do better next year, or to stop sending me cards at all.

The downside to receiving this card from Wombat is that now he has my home address. I'll have to sleep with one eye open from now on, but I do have a very cool Xmas card to admire with my open eye.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the days of the hand-made card. I used to do that, and Wombat's annual tradition always reminds me of what a slacker I've become. He always manages to write a very touching comment to me inside (he's really a big softie). I thought I'd take this opportunity to return the favor and let him know that I'm a better person for having him as a friend. He's been there for me in a lot of ways this year, and I'm grateful for all the time we spend together.

Aaaand that's it for the schmaltz. Back to the rampant derision.

11:33 PM  
Blogger karla said...

Paul, when you say he's been there for you in a lot of ways, is that a thinly veiled reference to anal sex? Just asking.

12:02 AM  
Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i got that card!

i KNOW him!

1:34 AM  
Blogger leesepea said...

That's a really cool card!

If I had an ounce of creativity in me, I just might attempt something so personalized.

Who am I kidding?

Can I commission a Wombat card of myself and my loved one for next year? That would be awesome!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karla Karla Karla. Wombat is a married man. So he only lets me blow him. Not in a gay way. Like two gladiators.

10:30 AM  
Blogger karla said...

Wow. That's totally putting the "glad" back in "gladiator."

2:36 PM  
Blogger CommonWombat said...

Oh my god, I turn my back on the internet for like, one day, and you guys make me out to be trading blow jobs for affection. I only did that the ONE time, and it doesn't count because I totaly pictured a chick.

See how you've spoiled Christmas now? That's the last time I leave this blog unsupervised. From now on, you must have a chaperone at all times to read this blog.

10:50 PM  
Blogger karla said...

In the spirit of Christmas, I've got a little present for you in the comments section of my current post. You can thank me later.

http://karlababble.blogspot.com/2005/12/
its-not-first-time-ive-been-busted-by.html

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home