Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I've been living a lie.

I have a confession to make. For years now, my entire existance has been predicated on a sham. I've attemped to be someone I'm not, and it's time for me to come clean.

Ever since I was a little child, when people asked me what my favorite color was, I said "Yellow."

Now, let the awful truth be known:

A) I have no special affinity towards the color yellow.
B) I have no favorite color at all.

I don't know what posessed me to say "Yellow" all these years! Perhaps I felt pressured to come up with an answer, any answer, that would get my inquisitors off my back... Perhaps I liked the way the word "Yellow" looked, or sounded... All I know is that I have never, not once in 31 years, looked at something yellow and thought to myself "Look! There's my FAVORITE color!!!" In fact, I've never thought that while looking at ANYTHING! Because color is not an area where I have formed any favoritism whatsoever!

I will admit to having formed opinions about how 2 colors look together. I'll cop to that. But how well 2 colors play together has no bearing on whether one is the "best color ever..."

And besides... The more disturbing aspect of this confession is this: When faced with the prospect of coming up with a sham answer to the stupid question "what is your favorite color,: my choice was YELLOW??? The school bus color? The color of cheap pencils and buttercups? What was wrong with me? Red would have been a much better choice! Red is racy and daring! Yellow is... margarine!

Oh well... Now I have to live with the consequenses of my lie. At least I feel better, having gotten that off my chest.

1 Comments:

Blogger karla said...

I'm rooting around in your very old posts. Too bad, too, because I just lost all respect for you upon discovering that you lied for years about yellow being your favorite color. You are a charlatan and a shyster. In fact, you're probably not even reading this comment because you're out shysting someone at this very moment.

Fie on you!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home