Thursday, April 29, 2004

If I hear one more assbag politician tell me that the terrorists "Just hate freedom" I'm going to start flinging my own feces.

I know, I know... Here comes the politics. I should just avoid the whole thing here. I'm really not interested in turning the blog into a political soapbox, but ya know what? It's my blog, and right now it's feces-flinging time.

Let's be clear here: The terrorists do not "just hate freedom."

Let's be clear about this as well: I am not siding with the terrorists. I do not endorse the blowing up of innocent people. I think anyone who resorts to that method of getting their point across should be dragged across pointy rocks, or at least forced to see Ernest Borgnine naked. Terrorism is a lousy, horrible, unforgivible tactic. End of story.

BUT... These are people, not comic book supervillians. You know who "just hates freedom?" Doctor Doom. Braniac. The Red Skull. Terrorists are not sitting in their terror-lairs in the bases of hollowed out volcanoes, staring at images of destruction on jumbotron monitors and rubbing their hands together while laughing maniacaly. These are people with serious complaints about the way we handle ourselves as a nation. The fact that they choose a shitty shitty cowardly way of expressing it does not invalidate their argument. It just makes them crappy horrid people.

It's just so much easier for the politicians (and let's be honest - the rest of us as well) to turn then into stock villians instead of adressing the reasons why they might be so pissed off at us in the first place. The next time some turd burglar blows up a train, I'd like to see Bush get on TV and say "Well, it just goes to show you how frightened they are that we are going to westernize the middle east and eradicate their culture..." Or "See how pissed of they are at the way we flaunt our power on the global stage?"

But no... They just sure do hate to see us eating a big mac while watching friends. It really gets their goat when we enter the shopping mall and freely spend. Every time you laugh, a terrorist cries.

On an unrelated topic, Ben & Jerry's Primary Berry Graham Ice Cream is the greatest thing I've ever put in my own mouth.

Except for my elbow, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home