Tuesday, May 25, 2004

My peeps get a much-deserved shout-out.

My good friend Ray Brown has informed me that he too (and not only DogButt) has been known to read the Blog. Imagine my chagrin!

(No, I don't exactly know what chagrin is... I've always imagined it as a big, wide grin that is thrown with such flair that it is preceeded by the sound effect "Cha!")

At any rate, while I'm standing around chagrinning, I should point out that the influence of Ray has been felt in this Blog before, most notably, in the last post I made.

See my use of the word "Ominous-ossity." It was Ray Brown, in fact, who taught me the comedic value of placing the suffix "Ossity" at the end of a word. He has been known, for example, to refer to a very hot day as "Possitively brimming with heat-ossity." Comedy gold. He is also the pioneer of the now wide-spread practice of replacing the word "You" in song titles with "Jews." For example, "I Just Called To Say I Love Jews," and "Jews Light Up My Life."

But I digress. At any rate, welcome to the Blog, Ray!

As a side note to DogButt, please don't stop leaving comments! I love the comments!

As a side note to fans of spelling, I am aware that the propper spelling of "Ossity" is "Ocity." I choose not to spell it correctly because to do so makes it feel like "O'city," Which I suppose is the generic label for Dublin.

As a side note to anyone that is neither Ray nor DogButt nor a fan of spelling, Um... Hi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home