Friday, May 28, 2004

I have a tree outside my window...

A few minutes ago, one of the neighbor kids scrambled up the trunk and got himself about 18 feet up the tree. He then started calling for his buddy to come see how fucking clever he was, getting all the way up there like that. His buddy came running, and our hero spent 5 minutes loudly proclaiming himself the king tree-climber, and generaly going on about how cool it was to climb trees, before announcing (in a slightly scared voice)that he couldn't get down.

In my mind, this illustrates everything that is wonderful about children, and at the same time, why I find most of them so annoying.

Don't worry, he did eventually find his way down.

As an aside, I hope everybody likes the updated look for the blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home