Monday, April 12, 2004

Been away from the blog for too long. To the roughly 2.4 people that read this thing, I apologize.

The first week of self-employment went smoothly, though I have to admit that it feels weird calling it "the first week of self-employment." Common Wombat Studio is hardly an up-and-running entity yet... The website's still a temporary thing, no marketing materials yet, only just getting the financial grounding sorted out... Feels funny to even call it a business yet. But still, I have a few small jobs trickling in, so I suppose I'm working for pay, and therefore a business.

What makes me feel really good, is that even with no marketing really going, the jobs I have got going on are the result of word of mouth, or of people who trust me telling other people to trust me. It's good to know that I have friends out there pulling for me. As is the case most times in life, you really owe what you have to the people who support you.

Speaking of those who support me, Sal had the day off today, and I got to spend the day with her. Despite the fact that we had just spent the whole weekend up in PA together, The chance of an extra day, just the two of us, really seemed like a gift to me. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful woman in my life, and I hope I never stop appreciating the time I get to spend with her.

Enough with the sappy. Tomorrow I return to Becker to help out for a day or two. I'll let you know how it feels to be back after a whole week and a half.

Also, maybe more anus talk. That seemed to go over well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home