Friday, September 02, 2005

Sketches for the Gulf Coast

Okay, I'm not going to use this blog as a platform to get political about what's going on in New Orleans... Lots of other people are doing a great job of expressing my rage and sadness and horror. Besides, I wanted "Fanfare" to be a place of entertainment, not of politics.

That being said, every time I turn on CNN I see something new that just fucking breaks my heart. I'm giving a chunk of my money to relief orginizations, but I'd like to do something to give some of your money away as well. So here's the deal:

I'm going to draw you a personalized sketch/cartoon in exchange for a donation to gulf relief.

Here's the rules:

Comment below, or send me an email here.

Tell me what you'd like me to draw for you. (it can be anything... funny or serious, specific or something left up to my interperetation...) If you wnat to see how I draw, look at my website, here.

Tell me your email address so I can contact you to get your money and send the drawing

Tell me how much you'd like to pledge. Ten bucks is the minimum. There is no maximum. I can take your check, or we can do a paypal transaction.

I will send 100% of what I raise to either the Red Cross or the Salvation Army. I haven't decided yet. If you'd like to suggest some other organization that's helping out down there, feel free. I want to pick the place that will use the money best. If you don't trust me, talk to Zenchick, or ACW, or Fool, or Snay. They have met me in person and can hopefully tell you that I'm not full of shit. I'm not keeping one red cent of what I raise here. Trust me.

I'm hoping to hear from a lot of you, so I'll have to keep the drawings smallish and black and white only. Otherwise, I'll let each request dictate the specifics.

I'll post every drawing I do here on the blog, along with your name and what you requested. Donations will be kept anonymous. (unless you post it in the comments section.)

I'll mail you the original drawing later on, along with a note of thanks.

Okay, that's it. If you dig this idea, please pass this URL around. I'd love to be able to raise a nice sized donation.

6 Comments:

Blogger acw said...

I can assure everyone that the Mr. Wom of the Bat family is, in fact, not full of shit. Anymore.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

wow, very benevolent and creative of you...good work.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

He's actually full of more shit than Casey was, but he is a decent individual.

2:35 AM  
Blogger karla said...

Aweseome. Count me in. I'll email you soon.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Are you still doing it??? I would totally sign up for that =) let me know

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mr. wombat,
that is a really amazing thing you are doing. i am actually in the northern part of the state in shreveport, and i've got to tell you, we have all been affected in some way. through the housing of evacutees to worrying about loved ones, this will go on with a great deal of people for a very long time. i would love to participate, but i am not so internet saavy. email at cables001@gmail.com and tell me how i can be involved with your sketch thing. on a lighter note, however i stumbled on your blog, i think it is flippin hilarious. thanks for the many smiles over these last weeks.
cables (c. ables)

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home