Thursday, March 02, 2006

Son of a tassel-humper!

I love how lately this blog has been bouncing back and forth between tales of disgusting horror and little glimpses into what a huge softie I am. Since the last entry involved a detailed journey into the inner workings of my rectum, it's a safe bet that today I'm going to go all mushy on you again.

Early in the morning on March 1, my good friends Ray and Maria welcomed their first child, Nicolas, into the world. (When I say "first," I don't mean to imply "first of many." I mean, they're my friends and all, but I really have no insider info as to their future procreative plans. Nicolas may be the first of 18, or he could be the first of... um... one. I'm betting against 18 though. That seems like excessive baby-making to me.)

I'm lucky in my life to know many truly good people who are wonderful parents to their kids, (and one or two total whack-jobs who should probably have their wombs confiscated) and Ray and Maria are no exception. I know they're going to be great parents and I just wanted to take a moment to come down firmly on the side of "I wholeheartedly approve of their successful procreation."

Here's an adorable photo of the new mom and her son:



And, since the proud father couldn't be in that picture, here's a nice shot of him humping a giant tassel:



Hmmmm. Well, I'm sure Maria will be a great parent, anyway.

Now, if I'm staying true to form, my next post will be so gross as to actually shrivel you to midget-size. After that... probably pictures of kittens.

14 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i was going to ask where the tassel came from, but then i remembered you are a santa man.

in other news, i think you should post more about the fistula. i don't think we learned enough last time.

also, go on AIM you jerk.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baker:
I think you meant to say March 1st, they welcomed their child. Unless there is something I'm missing and I have been in a coma for 2 months.

12:51 PM  
Blogger CommonWombat said...

Wow. You're right. That must have been a loooooong labor! Okay. I'll correct the date...

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I remember taking that photo of Ray and the tassel. Good times...

I must agree with Wombat. Ray has what I like to think of as child mojo. Little children instantly love him, and they let him do all kinds of crazy stunts like toss them 12 feet into the air.

Wombat and I aren't so talented in the child department. We tend to make them cry.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice real nice... with the photo I mean. Thanks for the kind words about Maria though. And if my son asks about the photo I will just tell him it was my job. And when he grows up he can do anything he wants for a living!

7:21 PM  
Blogger mrhaney said...

well i like the pic of the mother and her son. i am not to sure about the father though. every one has to be some where though.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as he wasn't humping the tassel WHILE she was giving birth, I think it'll all be alright.

(And I'm really looking forward to the kitten pictures, so you better deliver).

11:00 AM  
Blogger karla said...

Thanks a lot, asshole. Your post started an investigation by local and federal authorities that culminated today in the confiscation of my womb. Now I'll never be able to fulfill God's mission and populate the earth with more children.

On the bright side, though, I'm half a pound lighter! Now I can stop putting my finger down my throat to make myself vomit.

Congrats to Maria and Ray. Glad to hear the tassle-humper and his wife get to keep their womb.

6:54 PM  
Blogger tfg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:49 AM  
Blogger tfg said...

You don't happen to have the phone number of that tassel, do you?

7:50 AM  
Blogger karla said...

Man, that tfg is one funny motherfucker, isn't he?

And by calling him "motherfucker," I don't mean to imply that he has sex with his mother. He does, for sure--you can take that to the bank, mister--but I don't mean to imply that. It's just an expression.

4:37 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

I was going to ask what size the breast was for that tassle, but it somehow seemed inappropriate after seeing that adorable little baby...

4:43 PM  
Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

eight days later....

nothing.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MrHaney told me about your special interest and I ASSumed that you might be able to help out in our research about a question that MrG has given us:

"Why is it that little babies dumps not only smell, but really stink?"

It is connected to my post:

http://lifecruiser.com/odditys/2006/03/10/serious-fart-talk/

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home