Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Four Unrelated Things:

First Thing:

From CNN's story about repairing the shuttle: "NASA will send an astronaut on an unprecedented in-flight shuttle repair mission to remove two protruding gap fillers that could cause uneven heating during re-entry, a NASA official said Monday evening."

God help me, the first thing I thought when I read that was "You don't want uneven heating, you want those astronauts to cook evenly as they re-enter, resulting in an all-over golden brown."

Also, I'm not sure but I think I may actually have "protruding gap fillers." Next time I'm getting undressed for bed, I'll have Sally look.

Second Thing:

Tonight we had one of those evenings that just make me happy that I live where we do. Sal and I walked down to the Canton Dog Park because if there's 3 things Sal loves, 2 of them are dogs frolicking. (the other would have to be potty humor.) From there we decided to mosey over to the waterfront park to enjoy the beautiful evening. While we were sitting there the Water Taxi pulled up and on a whim, I said, "Let's go over to Fells Point and have dinner." So we had a lovely ride around the harbor as the sun was setting, ate dinner outside at a Fells Point pub, and hopped the Water Taxi back home. The trip back was especialy nice, as I've always felt that Baltimore looks best when all its lights are reflected on the water. Just a wonderful, unplanned, on-a-whim, waterfront evening.

I bring this up just to say that sometimes I really get down on this, the city of my birth, and sometimes I can get to grousing about all of this town's limitations and flaws. (And as we all know, there are plenty of those.) And then, every now and then, I have a night like tonight and think "God I'm lucky to live here."

Some days, Baltimore, you is my bitch, but tonight, you is my bro.

Third Thing:

Michael Penn's 5th album (Titled Mr. Hollywood Jr, 1947) is out today. I've been a fan since No Myth hit the radio back in the late 80's, and for my money, he's the best male singer/songwriter out there right now. Already heard an advance copy and it's really good. Just a PSA folks... Doing my part for the cause.

Fourth Thing:

One of my cats has all of a sudden decided that the little mat by the kitchen door is a litter pan. I have no idea what brought this notion on, but the mat is kind of dark, and I'll be damned if her grumps don't blend right in. It's only a matter of time before Sal or I walk in the kitchen door and find ourselves knee-deep in cat-grump. For now, I'm trying to be extremely mindful every time I go near that entrance. Tomorrow I will throw away the mat, but I have this sneaking fear that she'll just grump away on the exposed floor.

It's always something around this place, and 9 times out of 10, it's something involving poops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home