Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Recalcitrant Blogger!

Yes, it's been nearly 2 months since I last blogged. The fact is that I've been layed up in the hospital recovering from injuries I sustained while rescuing a child from a burning building.

Well... Either that or I've been really really lazy. I'll let you be the judge and we'll speak no more of it.

At any rate, Sally went to a happy hour with all her Baltimore Blogger buddies, you know, the ones who actually write in their blogs on a regular basis? This got me feeling a little bit guilty for not updating Fanfare, so I figured I'd put fingers to keys for a few minutes and try to not be a lazy ass for once.

Then again, sitting here in my big comfy chair eating a Berger cookie and typing probably doesn't exactly disqualify me as a "lazy ass," does it? The best I can realisticaly hope for here is "slightly less lazy ass." But hey, being a lazy ass, I'll take it!

So, my lazi-tude firmly established, let me say hello to the fine Balti-bloggers who are keeping my criminaly lurky wife in stitches. Particularly to Snay & eXtraheavy (who lives somewhere around here apparantly). Thanks for entertaining Sally. I'm trying to get her to start a blog too. I also have to say hello to WebmasterMama, who just started reading Fanfare out of the blue and who has been extremely kind and supportive considering all I really do here is sling poop jokes around.

Speaking of poop jokes, Paul just sent me this link, which may be the best unintentionaly filthy headline I've ever seen. I'm still laughing over it.

Mull that over a while, and I'll get back to you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Salsa Lover said...

I'm a fan of poop jokes so its all good. And it wasn't really out of the blue - only that Standing Cheese had you listed and therefore I trusted his blogroll!

3:19 PM  
Blogger acw said...

Oh jesus. That headline is cracking me up.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

despite what your wife said, i was quite certain you were dead.

did your friend enjoy bsg?

4:43 PM  
Blogger CommonWombat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(sorry about the deleted post above... I gots no skilz...)

SNAY: Yeah my friend loves BSG, but has no cable tv in his apartment. I tivo them and have him over every few weeks to catch up. That's the kind of swell guy I am... ANd for the record, BSG is the Deadwood of sci-fi. Truly quality show.

WEBMAMA: Man... now I have to thank Standing Cheese as well? And the end is listless, as they say... :)

5:17 PM  
Blogger karla said...

I always suspected Johnny Depp's Hershey highway was open for tasting, but only to male taste testers.

That headline is hilarious.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home